CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 23, 2009

Peanut Scare

Its all over the news and most of you have probably heard the salmonella outbreak. And its pretty hard to avoid eating it, its almost everywhere from candy to cookie dough even in dog biscuits. More than 125 products have been recalled as authorities are trying to track down the contaminated peanut butter and peanut paste. "Peanuts' heavy presence in snacks is creating a complicated federal investigation after an outbreak of salmonella typhimurium in 43 states. The bacteria have sickened at least 486 people, killing six, and have been linked to products manufactured by the Peanut Corporation of America (PCA) in its Blakely, Georgia, plant. The average American consumes more than six pounds of peanuts and peanut butter products each year." If you don't know that the product you are eating is from PCA you are recomened to throw it away. Well what is salmonella it is rod shaped bacteria that lives in the intestines of some animals and is usually harmless. The type of salmonella that is a dangerous is usually contracted by touching raw meat, raw eggs, raw shellfish or unpasteurized animal products such as milk and cheese. Well if I were you I'd try hard to stay away from that because that is pretty disgusting I know I need to try harder.














Park, Madison (Fri January 23, 2009). Peanut popularity complicates salmonella probe . Retrieved January 24, 2009, from cnnhealth.com Web site: http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/01/23/peanut.probe.salmonella/index.html?iref=mpstoryview#cnnSTCText

0 comments: