You may have thought that we suffered from severe weather last week, but its nothing compared to Kentucky. The storm has left hundreds of thousands of Kentuckians without electricity and fresh water. It is not clear how long it will take until its back to normal there. Of 120 counties in the state, 91 had declared emergencies. Several nursing homes are without power and they are one of there first priorities. They have called up 4,600 National Guard troops Saturday to distribute water, food and other supplies. The storm left ice-laden power lines and tree branches still drooping heavily Saturday, hampering efforts to restore infrastructure and deliver relief to residents without power. I feel sorry for them the temperatures will reach a high of about 40 degrees on Sunday which means they will miss the Superbowl. I hate it when the weather gets cold I'd rather have it hot.
(January 31, 2009). Kentucky National Guard goes door-to-door to deliver aid. Retrieved January 31, 2009, from cnn.com/us Web site: http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/weather/01/31/winter.weather/index.html?iref=mpstoryview
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Kentucky Crisis
Posted by mmsat at 3:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment